The Alcohol School has been educating fuel ethanol and distilled spirits producers in the multidisciplinary sciences of alcohol production. The course is designed to provide our delegates with detailed information on fuel ethanol and distilled spirits unit processes. Separate sessions for fuel and distilled spirits concepts are held, but where the technologies overlap, sessions are done with both groups together. The programs are designed for lab, plant, and management personnel and are organized around lectures, laboratory demonstrations, seminars, and lab visits. Our course is also appropriate for suppliers and government personnel to provide understanding and training.
Themes for Distillers group
- Monday: Global Alcohol Production & Raw Materials / Processing & Distilled Spirits
- Tuesday: Sugar & Starch – Yeast & Alcohol Recovery
- Wednesday: Microbiology & Process Monitoring
- Thursday: Distilled Spirits & Analytical Methods
- Friday: Distilled Spirits / Co-Products & Future Directions
Thursday plant tour: Lallemand’s Préfontaine Yeast Plant
For more information, please visit this page.